Shabby blog background

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Notes from 31 October, 2014

So I am training again for my last 2 transfers of my mission! I will attach a picture below, but my companion's name is Sister Chiu (cho) from Taiwan. She is so sweet, and I can tell that we are going to have a great transfer together! Today is our p-day, and we have something so awesome planned for Halloween! The Square is closing at 5pm, and we are going to eat dinner at the Church Office Building and then do a session at the temple as a mission. How unique and special!! 

Well this week, we met a man named Andrew on mormon.org chat. He was looking for more in life when his friend told him a little bit about the LDS church. He got a copy of the standard works of the church (all of the scriptures we read) and he found that alot of his questions were being answered! He came onto chat and asked about the evidence of Heavenly Father having a physical body. We ended up setting up a return appointment for the next day, and we committed him to be baptized! He has definitely been prepared.

Dee is getting baptized this Sunday evening!! Sister Taggart and I taught Dee while we were outbound. She has had many missionaries teach her, so she will have a huge crowd at her baptism!! Something pretty special is that Sister Chiu an I will be able to skype in for her baptism and celebrate with her! I am sooo excited for her.
Paula, the older woman we taught outbound, kept telling me that I wear the same jewelry. So I was sent jewelry that she bought for me to mix up my jewelry selections haha.

Well, my trainer went home this past transfer and is done with her mission, and 2 of my past companions went outbound! By the time those 2 come back to Temple Square, I will be going home. Man does time fly!
I have learned so much about the enabling power of the atonement. With Heavenly Father, we can do all the things that he has in store for us. How marvelous is that to think about? We usually set our own plans and don't always accomplish them. But with the Lord's help and with using his help to set plans for our lives, they will always be possible and will always lead us to greater growth. (1 Nephi 3:7)

Sister Steenhoek

PS. Tell me about the missionary work you have been doing lately! Make sure to pray for opportunities, and the Lord will put them into your path.

Picture: My companion and I in the teaching center taking mormon.org chats.


No comments:

Post a Comment